Monday, March 30, 2009

Blossoms on the Horizon...




So I am looking forward to this weekend... have I mentioned that? lol Amanda is set to come in around midnight on Thursday (yay red eye!). She'll be bunking on the couch while I take up residence on the chase in Sakura's room. I've made sure to stock up on her living necessities (Dr.Pepper) .

Unpleasant news about Friday. Its suppose to rain!
And Friday was going to be the day I took Sakura to see the blossoms. Which have just hit stage 5 ( See picture) . So she may or may not join us on Sunday for that. We'll be dropping her off to school and probably trolling around some local places like Esoterica and some shopping. No point in killing ourselves walking D.C. if Saturday and Sunday are suppose to be sunny. *knock on cherry wood ;) *

My kimono jacket has come in but I missed the delivery so I'll have to pick it up at the post office one of these nights. It's so difficult when I don't have a car and Bobby's usually late getting home.
I really hope it fits. I'm not even close to my pre-pregnant size but >.<)/ I'm on my way!

The wig I got in is REALLY cute. I'm glad I chose the short one instead of the long one. Its a convenient head cover for the sun that will be out. My poor cotton candy hair just doesn't do much for protection.

Sakura learned a new trick on Sunday. She screams like someone has stepped on her foot. She likes do do this just for fun. And sometimes when she wants food. Evil, evil baby.

Anyway, Saturday we'll be in D.C. on the mall for the parade and Japanese street festival. We'll be easy to spot if anyone else is going to be out there.

I'm going to try one of the peddle things on the nasty pond by the memorial. They look fun. And Sunday we'll be doing a Cherry Blossom River Tour . It takes passengers around the blossoms in West Potomac Park (rarely seen by land-lubbers), along the great monuments and then arriving at the Jefferson Tidal Basin. I'll be taking lots of pictures and posting them on my Facebook and few on here. I'll be doing an anti-rain dance tell then. ;)