Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Long week....



It's been a long, rough week. Sakura caught Influenza and was full blown sick Wednesday the 18th. I had to take three days off of work. Her temperature kept jumping randomly and even got up 104 once. She'd cling to me like a kawala and if I tried to move her at all she'd squeal like a banshee. She didn't sleep much during the day or at night. She didn't eat much. She'd throw up. And she had a very stuffy congested nose. Which I was constantly sucking snot out of so she's get some air.

I am learning what the definition of Mom is. With Bobby sick and no family around. I had no one to relieve me if I was too tired or stressed. In a way its a bit like being a single mother. And I truly feel for single mothers now. Having made it out of the haze of this week of sickdom I know I've come out with future knowledge and more stamina but it was a hard, hard learning experience. I sat and thought about how my mother must have done this a million times for my brother, sister and I . And have new respect for her.

I went online and ordered a ticket for May 7th-11th to go down and visit my family. Especially my mom for mother's day. I'm even going to suck it up and attend mother's day at her church. So she has the opportunity to show her granddaughter off. I figured Sakura is too young to be impressionable and it would make my mom happy. Although the thought of stepping in side a Mormon church gives me the willys. Oh well, like I said this is for mom.